Please enter your username and email address. Get new password
Register Now

Jukasa News Update Tuesday, October 30, 2018


Six Nations Police arrested and charged a man with impaired driving over the weekend.
Police say they found a Dodge Journey running along the side of road at Chiefswood Road and Highway 54 with the driver asleep. Officers were unable to wake the sleeping man and broke a window to gain entry into the vehicle and shut off the ignition.
The 32 year old Brantford man was given a breathalyzer test and was arrested.
He will appear in court on December 21.

Provincial police are investigating the cause of a five-vehicle collision that sent 10 people to hospital on Thursday, one of them with life-threatening injuries.
They say the crash took place shortly before 7 a.m. on Highway 24 in Norfolk County, Ont.
Police say a pickup truck heading southbound on the highway was readying to turn east when the crash took place.
They say one person is in life-threatening condition while the others have a range of injuries.
Police say charges are pending.
A stretch of Highway 24 (between Windham Road 3 and Norfolk Road 19) is expected to be closed for most of the day as the investigation continues.

The Office of the Ontario Ombudsman says it has received complaints over delays in the delivery of cannabis in the province, almost two weeks since the drug was legalized across the country.
In an email Monday, spokeswoman Linda Williamson says there is no formal investigation, but staff are reviewing all complaints against the Ontario Cannabis Store and resolving them informally wherever possible.
She says the office has been receiving complaints “over the past several days,” but did not say how many have been filed.

Police in Hamilton say they are investigating after a telephone threat triggered a lockdown at a local school.
They say the Bishop Ryan Catholic Secondary School received the threat around 8 a.m.
Police say the school was immediately placed on lockdown and officers were on scene making sure the students were safe.
They say a search of the school turned up no evidence to support the threat.
The lockdown was lifted around 12:30 p.m., and students were allowed to leave the school and reunite with their parents.
They say a couple of students experienced “medical crises” unrelated to the situation during the lockdown.

0 thoughts on “Jukasa News Update Tuesday, October 30, 2018”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *